This Page is for Quirky facts. I will add some little by little, but would love to hear others…..
- The name ‘Wendy’ first appeared in the Peter Pan book
- NYLON stands for New York and London who shared the patent for it
- Polar bears are all left pawed
- Carlsberg Special Brew was made specifically for Winston Churchill
- The Statue of Liberty has size 769 feet
- The ‘dot’ on top of an ‘i’ is called a ‘Tittle’
- The first Modern Olympic games were held in Much Wenlock In Shropshire.
- The first ever Olympic games only had one sport-Running (193 meters, NAKED)
- Golf stands for ‘Gentlemen only, Ladies forbidden.
Plenty more to come…..